What We're Into
- Carla is into the Power of Spaces (whatever that means)
- Joe is into Disney+
Learning How to Learn (OSDA)
- “A key to creativity is to pursue knowledge without a sense of whether it will be relevant in the future. Too often, people assumed they can judge in advance what they need to understand and what they do not. Instead, creative people build up their knowledge base so that they will be ready for the opportunities that come later.” – fastcompany.com
- The Dunning–Kruger Effect
- Learning Preferences
- A Little History of the World by E.H. Gombrich
- The Well-Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
- Find a Framework
- Frefare a Feast
- Processing, annotating, teaching, doing, creating
Q&A: Dealing with interfering in-laws
We took the time to answer a bunch of questions people asked under the theme of self-improvement.
- What We're Into (9:02)
- How do I stop comparing myself to other people? (16:40)
- How do I choose to do the right thing when I'm surrounded by bad things? (30:51)
- How do you overcome burnout? (39:06)
- How do you respond to failures and disappointment? (44:49)
- How do you live a normal life even with Covid? (59:32)
Is it okay to disagree with my parents? What's the difference between honoring and obeying my parents? How do I know how much money to regularly give my parents?
We have wrestled with these questions personally and we often encounter them as we disciple people in church or have online conversations. So we take the time to discuss them in this podcast.
- What We're Into (0:47): Ad Beat Official / Foodtok
- Topic of the Day (8:55): Your relationship with your parents as adults
- Question and Answer (1:04:00): How to overcome shyness in public speaking
We take the time to share our tips and picks for gear for those who wanna start taking their family outdoors.
We answer essential questions like how do you go to the bathroom, what gear do you need, and where you can go for your first time.
- What we're into (1:33): Napoleon and the interdental toothbrush
- Topic of the Day (11:53): Hiking 101
- Question and Answer (1:10:08): Motivating yourself and finishing deadlines
Taking our kids on outdoor adventures has been extremely helpful and valuable to our family, especially during this pandemic. In this podcast we share reasons and some tips for why you and your family would benefit from doing this. It’s so doable!
- What We're Into (1:05): Self Healing / Better Call Saul
- Topic of the Day (12:26): Benefits of an Adventurous lifestyle
- Question and Answer (53:34): How to stop overthinking
A number of people have asked us questions about parenting. While we aren't experts on the subject, we have observed some shifts in parenting in our lifetime. We discuss these from the perspective of people growing up in it and as parents.
But we've also still got out regular segments! Enjoy!
Today we talk about the NBA, Carla's love for jump rope, and forgiveness.
- 2:20 NBA and Jump Rope
- 14:42 Forgiveness and Vengeance
- 59:37 Beauty Secrets
Next topic: Shifts in Parenting Perspectives
We're back! We've recently entered into an agreement with Podcast Network Asia in order to sustainably provide regular episodes every Monday. In this episode we go into detail about our recent bout with Covid. And we've also retained the usual segments of What We're Into and Question and Answer. Happy listening!
Here are the segments for your reference:
- 5:37 What we're into
- 14:32 Topic of the day
- 49:40 Question and answer
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed by the podcast creators, hosts, and guests do not necessarily reflect the official policy and position of Podcast Network Asia. Any content provided by the people on the podcast are of their own opinion, and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual, or anyone or anything.